Mainly it's about how dangerous Artificial Intelligence can be/become.
The plot follows Emma Turgut (Emily Cox), a psychotherapist living in a high-tech smart home controlled by an AI system named Samira. (The trailer here)
While helping in developing an AI therapy app, Emma is haunted by a patient's suicide. As strange technological malfunctions plague her home, she struggles to determine if she is being targeted by a hacker or unraveling from trauma.
The core question is obviously the psychological dangers of over-reliance on artificial intelligence and automation.
I absolute can't stand Google Assistant and the automated commands you can get in your everyday life. I don't want to begin my day with the curtains opening at a given time, have my espresso ready while listening to my favourite music or news. I want to follow my time and inspiration. And even when my day was determined by a fixed timetable for sure I would be appalled if someone suggested me this kind of daily "help"!
I found a deeply disturbing intrusion when the mobiles adopted by default the presence of the Assistant, that I deactivated immediately.
And I really can't understand the fuss about having a kind of servant, or better said "intelligent" servant at your service, that actually I never find them so smart and clever as it is claimed.
This "service" gives me claustrophobia. I feel trapped and it is deeply unbearable. Watching the film confirmed how much I detest it.
Nevertheless I really liked it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment