A rain that doesn't come, in spite of the weather forecast that finally annouced it.
Yes, the temperature has gone down to 32/35 degrees Celsius, but the dryness persists, it keeps between thirty and fourty percent. The home remains warm even if the temperature, at about five and six in the morning is down to 23, while slowly rising towards 30 at midday.
On the 16th, after Ferragosto, it was supposed to rain. From the Alps the rainy clouds were announced to reach the flat lands. But no, just a furious wind and scary flashes. At six in the morning there was a slight scent of rain, but everything was dry.
Today from two in the afternoon we were expecting the first announced storms, but the sky remained sunny and immobile, as it is now, at a quarter past four. Accompanied by an intense and inexorable warm wind, weighing us down, reminding me of Nevada, the desert, when around my twenties I visited the States from coast to coast. It was the first time in my life I experienced such a dry hot weather!
I feel my inside loosing stamina. Yes, I can work better now - working has always been my favourite occupation, it regenerates me - but the dryness all around has more and more reached down, into my spirit, and I feel a void that usually isn't there.
I also had an accident, a household accident. I almost fell, very badly. To avoid it I forcefully twisted my back, to keep me straight, but that was a too sudden torsion and too sharp. Now I can't bend for the pain. I was surprised how many actions in our everyday require us to bend. Now I can only squat, while keeping my back straight, as even the slightest hint of bending is aching tremendously.
On the other hand, I did a lot of work at home (before the accident!), many things that needed some kind of repair or change. It was quite satisfying... Nevertheless I am soo deeply and desperately longing for some rain!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment