I am not that kind of person who pays much attention to children. On the other side, when I have to address them, they seem very pleased to be with me. And I get pleased as well, and yes, surprised too!
In front of my home there is a small park; my street is also a very short one. Only a few cars happen to be around. Therefore the children living here play in the park and in the street. Actually exactly in front of my home because there is the entrance to the park and here, the street, gets a bit larger.
From Spring to Autumn there is a lot going on. Children play, run, scream in excitement, cycle around, play football... A lot of happy noise. From my kitchen window on the second floor I can see them. There are Italian children, obviously, but also a lot of Arabs, some dark skin Africans, and some shining blond Slavic children. They intensely play all together, totally at ease. You see there is friendship among them.
They will grow knowing each other's cultures and supposingly they will remain friends.
Wherever I have lived here in Europe, or also elsewhere, I met people who lived, in their place, their entire life. People who knew each other since they were children.
I don't have this experience, as with my family, we moved a lot, and I, with my new family first, then on my own, I moved even more.
When I see the children playing I know the majority of them will remain friends and I think it's really nice. I also like a lot their mixed skin and hair colours. They talk to each other as equals. And exactly in this way it should be!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment